SLIM NOW-Rx is a Physician monitored and supervised weight loss clinic that provides alternative solutions to reducing the Body Mass Index (BMI) by offering you a variety of weight loss options. SLIM NOW-Rx is committed to providing our clients with healthy, short or long-term weight loss solutions that are affordable and easily integrated into the fast-paced lifestyles of today’s working society.
Our Physician supervised program includes: - Phentermine Hydrochloride (HCL)-- appetite suppressant - Semaglutide--appetite suppressant, Phendimetrazine Tartrate--stimulates your brain to reduce your appetite- Lipotropic Complex/B-12 Injections - Wide-range of SLIM NOW-Rx dietary supplements - Hormone Testing and Bio-Identical Hormone Replacement Therapy (BHRT) Treatments and many other health and wellness products that may assist in the battle against obesity, better health, wellness, and there associated conditions.
We recognize and appreciate the uniqueness of our patients, and therefore individually tailor our medical weight loss support services to meet your individual needs. Additional services include blood work testing of Lipid Panel, Thyroid Stimulating Hormone, Comp Metabolic Panel, and Complete Blood Count. Hormone testing available as needed.
Why Should You Lose Weight?
Quite frankly, your life depends on it!!! Your body depends on you to provide it with sound nutritionally healthy food choices that have less fat and are lower in total calories. It has been proven that Americans consume far too much fat, thus creating more obesity, which then leads to more disease.
Our simple philosophy “adds up” to pounds lost while inches of fat cells vanish “FOREVER”. Regardless of your reason for wanting to lose weight or to contour you that Ultimate Looking Body, our staff can help you achieve weight control and sculpt you a Slimmer Perfect Shape.
SEMAGLUTIDE IS AN APPROVED MEDICATION FOR WEIGHT LOSS
What is Semaglutide
Semaglutide is an approved injectable for weight loss. Semaglutide is used to treat Type 2 diabetes and to help with chronic weight management. Semaglutide is a GLP1 receptor agonist. GLP1 is an incretin hormone that increases insulin and decreases glucagon (the hormone that signals hunger), which decreases blood sugar. Gastric emptying is also delayed, causing signals to be sent to the brain that the stomach is full. Our Semaglutide is compounded with an active pharmaceutical ingredient, Semaglutide, and not the sodium salt form.
Semaglutide is indicated for:
- Controlling blood sugar in type 2 diabetes
- Reducing stroke, heart attack, and death in patients with type 2 diabetes and known heart disease
- Weight loss
What are the side effects of Semaglutide
The most common side effects of semaglutide are GI related which includes mild fatigue, intermittent nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, dizziness, feeling bloated, belching, gas, heartburn, constipation, upset stomach, and headaches.
Although rare, what are serious side effects of Semaglutide
- Inflammation of the pancreas
- Gallbladder problems
- Increased risk of low blood sugar (hypoglycemia)
- Kidney problems
- Thyroid tumors
- Serious allergic reactions
- Increased heart rate
- Depression or thoughts of suicide
How do you get rid of Semaglutide side effects
Eating smaller meals, avoiding high-fat foods, and remaining upright after you eat can also help manage potential nausea and vomiting from semaglutide.
- Non-medication related tips: Increase soluble fiber (beans, oats, peas, apples, pears, carrots)
- Increase insoluble fiber (wheat, nuts, beans, cauliflower, green beans, potatoes, avocados
- Over-the-Counter options: Imodium, Pepto-Bismol, Magnesium Citrate, Miralax, Metamucil
How to administer Semaglutide
It is recommended to inject on the same day, at the same time each week. It can be injected with or without meals. The injection is subcutaneous into the abdomen, thigh, and/or back of the arm.
- Wash your hands with soap and warm water to prevent potential infection.
- Clean the skin with an alcohol swab. Let the alcohol dry thoroughly before doing the injection
- Pinch your skin by taking a big pinch of skin between your thumb and index finger and hold it. The thumb and forefinger should be about and inch and a half apart. This pulls the fatty tissue away from the muscle and makes the injection easier.
- Inject the needle into the pinched skin at a 90 degree angle.
- Slowly push the plunger to inject the medication.
- Let go of the pinched skin and withdraw the needle.
- Discard the used needle in a sharp's container.
WE OFFER AN ARRAY OF INJECTION THERAPY TREATMENTS
Why are Therapeutic Injections so Important during Weight Loss?
The therapeutic injections are an alternative method to the traditional liposuction procedure. The injections are meant to deplete fat deposits from the body and assist with "problem areas" that are generally difficult to lose weight in, such as the abdomen and buttocks. Like any weight-loss process, results vary depending on the number of areas treated and the reaction to the amino acids, nucleotides and coenzymes to the person's body.
Many have found the injections contributed greatly to their weight-loss success. Results will vary depending on diet and exercise of the individual. Patients who have received the injection are placed on a specific diet and exercise program to increase weight loss. Preserving lean muscle mass during a weight loss phase can be accomplished by eating a high protein diet. Amino acids are the main building blocks of lean muscle building in the body. This not only keeps your body lean but burns more calories. (HINT: a pound of muscle burns 25% more calories than a pound of fat).