- Hits: 4193
FEMALE HORMONE IMBALANCE SOLUTIONS
Menopause is the natural hormonal change that occurs in women and signals the end of their childbearing years. It is not a disease nor an illness, but a normal transition from one stage in a woman’s life to another. While it is a natural occurrence, it is not without its share of discomfort and it is often accompanied by a myriad of changes within the body that can be unpleasant for the woman during and following menopause.
During menopause, hormones previously needed for regulating menses fluctuate wildly. There is no predictable course through menopause, and while some women may find the transition easy, others suffer through it for several years.
Typical Symptoms of Menopause:
- Bleeding irregularities
- Vaginal dryness
- Hot flashes/sweats
- Weight gain
- Changes in sex drive
- Nervousness, irritability
- Mood changes
- Memory loss
- Skin aging/cosmetic changes
- Increased skin wrinkling
- Altered fat and carbohydrate metabolism
Physicians employ several treatment strategies to assist women during menopause. The most frequently used method is symptomatic treatment that uses synthetic or natural hormone replacement. Unfortunately, hormone levels vary considerably between women. In fact, the hormone levels between any two women can vary between 200 and 1500%, making it unlikely that the same hormone replacement treatment would be effective for both women.
Customized Hormone Replacement
With innovations in hormone testing, it is now possible to establish and monitor a customized hormone replacement program that balances individual hormones and restores emotional, mental, and bodily health. Using this method, it is possible to:
- Customize natural hormone dosing to meet individual needs
- Optimize hormone levels for the minimum dose required to relieve symptoms and avoid overdosing
- Achieve appropriate and compatible physiologic levels of several hormones
- Increase an individuals’ sense of well being by remedying an underlying hormone deficit or imbalance
How is Post-Menopause Hormone Panel Performed?
Using a saliva sample, we test for up to 8 male and female hormones depending on the severity of your symptoms and your clinical needs. Testing establishes a baseline and ongoing levels for hormones, such as testosterone, DHEA, progesterone, estradiol, and cortisol panels.
Our staff use the results of the Post-Menopause Hormone Panel to develop a hormone replacement plan that will return hormone levels to a more stable state and reduce or eliminate some of the unpleasant symptoms of menopause.
Advantages of saliva testing
- Measures active hormone levels
- Easy and convenient collection
- Exception specimen stability
- Less expensive than blood testing
- Four samples collected throughout the day give a more accurate picture of hormone levels
- No needles
Your hormones all work together to create an environment of balance and harmony. An imbalance of one can affect them all.